Monday, June 25, 2012
I love this! Great for a birthday party or potluck. It is usually done with orange flavored gelatin powder but it is so much more fun to mix up the flavors for a fun rainbow of colors. If you have kids, they could easily help.
Jell-O Orange Wedges
adapted from Pinterest
8-9 medium oranges
4 (85 g) boxes fruit flavored gelatin powder (various flavors)
2 1/2 cups boiling water
1. Slice the fruit cleanly in half lengthwise (through the axis). Carefully remove the pulp while keeping the half rind fully intact. Ensure that the rinds are fully dry.
2. Set each half rind upright in a muffin pan so you can fill it with Jell-o.
3. Mix the water with the gelatin. You'll want the Jello a little firmer than normal so it holds it shape in the orange wedges.
4. Make sure that the gelatin is well dissolved, and then pour it into the orange halves, filling as high as you can. The Jell-o will shrink a bit when cooling. Carefully transfer to the fridge and let set for about three hours (overnight is best).
5. When the Jello is set, place the fruit open-side down on a cutting board, hold it's shape with one hand and carefully slice in half lengthwise again to form quarters. Be careful not to crush the fruit. A serrated knife is helpful for this.
Baked by Tia the Baker at 9:40 AM