Friday, July 27, 2012
TGIF!!! I am off work in precisely 36 minutes and will be heading to Washington to visit my wonderful hubby to be this weekend. We are meeting with a potential caterer to discuss our wedding menu and maybe look at some centerpiece ideas. I'm usually a very organized person but when it comes to wedding planning, I'm lost! I'll have to rely on my little sister's help over the next few months.
Let's talk about this cheesecake. Have you ever met anyone who didn't like Nutella? I sure haven't! With nutella mixed right into the batter, the flavor is to die for. There is a layer of vanilla cheesecake and a layer of Nutella cheesecake. The perfect dessert that is sure to please both vanilla and chocolate lovers.
Nutella Layered Cheesecake
Makes 9" Cake | adapted from The Moonlight Baker
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 pkg. (8oz each) Cream Cheese, room temperature
3 eggs, at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup Nutella
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9" spring form pan.
2. Combine graham crumbs and melted butter. Press graham cracker mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake crust in the center of the oven until set, about 12 minutes. Set aside and cool.
3. Using a food processor, add cream cheese, eggs, sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Pulse until smooth. Put 2/3 of the cream cheese mixture in a bowl and set aside. Add Nutella to remaining 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture in the processor. Pulse until smooth.
4. To assemble, spread the vanilla cheesecake mixture over the cooled graham cracker base, being careful not to disturb the crust. Pour the Nutella cheesecake layer on top of vanilla layer and spread evenly. Bake on the center rack of the oven for about 35 minutes, or until the center jiggles slightly. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a cooling rack. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
5. When ready to serve, remove sides of spring form pan. Garnish as desired then serve. Store refrigerated.
Baked by Tia at 4:34 PM